The protection of your data is an important matter to us and we do all we can to protect them.
Effective Date: 01-01-2021
DUO for a JOB, whose head office is established at Rue de Stassart 48 box 4 1050 Ixelles, Belgium, commits to respect your privacy when processing your personal data in accordance with the provisions of European data protection legislation, i.e. Regulation (GDPR) EU 2018/1725.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller and we use your personal data only in accordance with the following principles and in compliance with applicable data protection laws including the GDPR.
GDPR is the new European data protection reference and aims at reinforcing the framework and practices concerning the collection and use of personal data. The rules of GDPR replace regulation 95/46/EU and apply as of May 25, 2018, to all public and private companies active in an EU member state. More particularly, organizations that :
- Offer goods & services on the (unified) EU market
- Collect and process data of EU citizens
Be aware that the regulation also applies to companies not established in the EU from the moment they collect and process personal data of EU citizens.
The GDPR rules and obligations apply to the processing-whether or not automatically- of personal data, i.e. all information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is any person who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to identification, such as name, number, location, online identification, or to more specific characteristics of physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural, or social identity.
Data processing as defined by GDPR refers to the collection, access to, storage, manipulation, destruction and consultation of data. Please read this policy carefully so that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data, and how we will process them.
II. Your consent
III. What information and how do we collect?
A. Data which you communicate to us
The personal data collected at organisational level are the following:
- The information given by the user in the online forms allows them to be identified and contacted in a personalized way. Depending on the situation and subject to the consent of the person concerned, DUO for a JOB collects and saves the following data :
- First name and last name
- Contact information (telephone number, email address, social media handle)
- Date of birth
- Spoken languages
- And the results of any questionnaire(s) that you agree to respond to.
In addition, personal data you might share as part of an application for employment through the Job section includes:
- Company Name
- Contact information
- Work experience
- Educational qualifications
- Images / Photos
- Bank account number
- And any information you choose to submit
This data is collected when the user performs one of the following operations on the site:
- Enrolling in the program
- Apply for a job
- Make a donation on the site
Additional personal data from mentee are also collected after sending ID card/ resident permit by email/Whatsapp. After the ID data has been encoded in our database, the ID photo is deleted. If the ID is sent to Whatsapp, it is also deleted from the phone. This information is no longer saved in the phone after it has been encoded.
- The technical characteristics of the means of connection to the website which are data automatically collected
In general, when you visit the site we only incidentally collect such information as your IP address and/or information about your browser or computing device and the internet page last visited that enables us to provide you with access to the site and appropriate content. There are pages, however, on which you need to provide additional personal data to register, contact us, or request news and updates.
B. With respect to a donation
When you make a donation to DUO for a JOB via the website or by filling in a one-off or recurrent donation form, your data are included in a databank aimed at managing our relationship with our donors. If you make a donation your data are included in our database in order to thank you and keep you informed of our activities, to invite you to make a further donation (one-off or monthly donations, legacies,…)
Your data may in exceptional circumstances also be used for our fundraising activities (such as a call for urgent support).
Visitors to the website can register to receive a newsletter. The data that visitors enter for this are included in a database used to send you newsletters. If you complete your date of birth (no obligation) you also receive an email on your birthday to wish you a happy birthday.
You can subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates about our work and give your consent to be notified of the latest information about DUO for a JOB activities.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Why will we use your data ?
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our program and organization, we will use your information to:
- Ensure the most qualitative “match” between mentees and mentors while creating a duo.
- Have a more efficient communication between DUO for a JOB members
- Statistical consolidations of data for our reporting activities (annual report, thematic report, advocacy actions, etc)
- Evaluation purposes of the program quality
- Evaluate potential new mentees and mentors
- Evaluate candidates for our job and volunteerings offers
- Provide requested information about our organization
With your consent, we will use your personal data to send you information that we think will be relevant to you, including newsletters and practical information. You may revoke this consent at any time by using any such provided “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us at email@example.com
V. How long do we keep your data ?
Data of those who have not consented to the storage of the data for other purposes than responding to their specific question are kept only for as long as required to answer the question. This can be for 30-60 days for requests for information, didactic materials, purchases, stand-alone gifts or participation in an action.
Data of people who have indicated an interest in the actions, activities and future campaigns of DUO for a JOB, and those involved in gifts are stored in conformity with art 5 of the GDPR regulation, i.e. for the period corresponding to the intended objective or until consent is explicitly withdrawn by the person concerned.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it and in accordance with applicable law and legitimate business interests.
When assessing the data retention period, we take into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
After the end of mentorship period, there is a follow-up of the mentee’s professional development of 12 months. During this period, all personal data are retained.
In order to produce annual reports and statistics, personal information will be anonymized and kept for a period of 15 years. Once this period is over, a data cleaning process will be put in place to remove all unused data.
We strive to keep our records accurate and will make appropriate corrections when you notify us. Please let us know if there is incorrect information in any statements or other communications that you receive from us. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, please contact us using the relevant contact mentioned in the following section.
VI. What are your data protection rights?
As a data subject under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal information:
- Access : Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you, which we will provide to you in electronic form.
- Rectification: You have the right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you is amended or corrected.
- Deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you believe such information to be inaccurate
- our processing is unlawful but you oppose the deletion of your personal information
- we no longer need to process such information for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because we require the information in connection with legal claims
- you have objected to the processing of your personal information.
- Portability: You have the right to request that we transmit the personal information we hold in respect of you to another data controller, where this is:
- personal information which you have provided to us
- the processing is by automated means
- we are processing that information on the basis of your consent.
- Objection: Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to opposite to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment.
- Withdrawing Consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time from our website.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at the contact details below. Where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
When you make such a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please refer to the section ‘ XI. How to contact us ?’
VII. Who is the data controller and what are his obligations?
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and the means used for the processing of personal data. He is the person responsible for processing personal data and he can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to transmit them to third parties without the user having been informed thereof and to respect the purposes for which this data was collected.
The website has an SSL certificate to ensure that the information and the transfer of data passing through the site are secure.
An SSL certificate (“Secure Socket Layer” Certificate) is intended to secure the data exchanged between the user and the site.
In addition, the data controller undertakes to notify the user in the event of rectification or deletion of data, unless this entails disproportionate formalities, costs and procedures for him. In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of the user’s personal data is compromised, the controller undertakes to inform the user by any means
VIII. Cookies Charter
What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a small text file saved, and / or read by your browser, on the hard drive of your terminal (PC, laptop or smartphone, for example) and deposited by the websites you visit.
Depending on their function and the purpose of their use, cookies are classified into the categories described below and used by DUO for a JOB on this site:
- Absolutely necessary cookies allow you to move around the site and use its basic features. They are generally installed only in response to actions on your part to access services, such as logging into a secure area of our site. These cookies are essential for the use of this site.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our site and allow us to offer you improved and more personalized features, such as personal reception and saving your preferences (the choice of your language or the region where you are for example). These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other sites.
- Analytics and performance cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our site and to collect information about how our site is used (for example, which pages are most viewed by visitors, do Internet users have error messages on some of our pages, etc.). This allows us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure that users easily find what they are looking for (Google Analytics)
- Advertising or targeting cookies record your visit to our site, as well as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to display relevant advertisements based on your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times a single ad is displayed and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Thus, we may also share this information with third parties (advertisers for example).
What if you do not want to enable cookies?
Please note that if you refuse, from your web browser, the storage of cookies on your device, you will still be able to browse this site, but some parts and options may not work correctly.
Questions about the DUO for a JOB Cookies Policy?
If you have any questions regarding the DUO for a JOB Cookies Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We are continually improving and adding to the features and functionality that we offer through this website. As a result of these changes (or changes in the law), we may need to update or revise this Policy.
X. How to contact us?
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about our use of your information, or would like to request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal data :
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: DUO for a JOB, Rue de Stassart 48, 1050 Brussels.