Working closely with the organisation’s two co-founders, the two deputy directors, and the different supporting departments, the mission of the Director Brussels is the development and management of the activities of DUO for a JOB in the Brussels area and its surroundings.
The Director is therefore in charge of supervising the operations of the Brussels branch, representing the organisation externally, and looking for financial sponsors.
Good entrepreneurial and management skills are essential, as well as an excellent knowledge of Brussels and its private, public, and associative institutions.
a. Management and development of DUO for a JOB Brussels
- Ensure the smooth running of the project: mobilising mentors and mentees, follow-up and management of the duos, organisation of training sessions, and intervisions, etc;
- Define goals, priorities, and planning;
- Oversee the team (of 18 people) in the management of operational processes and task distribution;
- Manage the career of the Brussels operational team members (assessments, training sessions, etc.) and be in charge of recruitment;
- Co-ordinate meetings, assign roles within the team, and supervise cross-functional projects;
- Ensure fluent communication within the team and with the other branches;
- Supervise logistic matters, when necessary.
- Implement the communication strategy in the Brussels area and its surroundings;
- Develop new partnerships in the Brussels region and its surroundings: organisations, foundations, companies, clubs and private circles, public figures, public authorities, etc.;
- Maintain established relations and partnerships.
- Respond to calls for projects and ensure the follow-up and reporting of ongoing agreements
- Search for new donors among companies, public authorities, clubs, patrons, foundations, or any other organisation potentially willing to provide financial support to ensure DUO’s financial sustainability.
d. Financial management
- Define and consolidate annual budgets for the activities of the Brussels region
- Handle the branch’s bookkeeping.
Given the project’s rapid evolution, the Director must show flexibility regarding these duties as they may change over time depending on the development and growth of the association.
- Genuine adherence to the social mission of the organisation, strong motivation and interest in investing in social work, in young people with immigrant backgrounds, and socio-professional integration
- Substantial professional experience, including in management positions
- Leadership, ability to motivate the team
- Excellent presentation and confidence when speaking to an audience
- Entrepreneurship, self-sufficiency, flexibility, and precision
- Focused on achieving results and finding solutions, ability to work in a team
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- College or university degree
- Perfect command of French and English, good command of Dutch
- Strong skills in IT tools (MS Office, Google Drive, Mac, etc.)
What DUO for a JOB offers you
- You will join a dynamic team in an innovative project
- Fieldwork, contact with many stakeholders: our target audience, organisations, companies, public authorities, etc.
- The opportunity to work on a multi-faceted and rapidly developing project
- Independence, autonomy, and decision making
- Permanent full-time contract
- Brussels based position
- Start date: as soon as possible
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title ‘Dir Bxl’. Please also mention how you have found this job offer (on social media, websites, platforms, etc).
(*) indicates required fields
Do not hesitate to share around you to help us find these rare pearls!